By my good friend, extremely talented sculptor and special effects master
, please check out his gallery when you get the chance; there are some simply chilling and awe inspiring works there.
So...now that ive been tagged ive got to reveal 8 secrets about myself huh?
It hasnt been too pleasant a ride before the last 11 years have come, so dont expect a stand-up routine since most of my secrets arent that funny..well, they are to me; but for different reasons than you may think.
Ok, here goes:
1) Im a recovering alchoholic and have been a member of Alchoholics Anonymous for 11 drug and alchohol-free years.
2) I was obsessed with death in my youth and convinced a tattoo artist to do work on me several years below the legal age that reflected this obsession; tattoos that I now actively hide.
3) I was also obsessed with the idea of forbidden knowledge in my teens and researched satanic cults, the existence of "restricted" texts and books that were edited out of the bible and black-magic, but thankfully grew out of it.
4) When I drove a cab I would often be offered BJ's instead of cash..
..from the professional drag-queens that peformed in the area clubs.
Needless to say id always choose the cash - but id usually get it with dissappointed, heavily mascara-layered eye-rolls and no tip.
5) I used to steal money for booze and cigarettes out of the apartment buildings that surrounded the abandoned one that I was "living in" toward the end of my drinking and drugging days.
6) I use a truely ridiculous cartoon-voice to speak to my month old daughter with that could easily be used to extort money out of me should it ever be captured on tape.
7) I have a 9th grade education and was kicked out of high-school.
8) Religion never saved my soul but Jesus Christ sure as hell saved my ass.
I wasnt a believer and never intended to be.
I thought only of myself and what I felt entitled to in life until I had an experience.
I dont talk about it much since its personal, and hard to translate to others without it sounding goofy but I try and share it in my own way by helping others through my life experiences should I ever be given the opportunity and thankfully I am often.
Every gift ive ever been given has been through him and I feel as though ive been given much in life.
8a) I like Loverboy
I'll hopefully have something up by next week - things have been total chaos ( but so full of lulz) since my daughter landed; that in addition to my current project being probably one of the more ambitious ones ive ever done ( in terms of detailing) has kept me extremely busy and taking longer than my usual 2 weeks between works.
After that I finally start shopping my work to companies after about 8 years of trying to build my skills to where I feel I have enough quality material to get contracts.
So wish me luck, ill need it.
As always: Thank you all so much for choosing favorites and leaving comments and selecting me as a watch - you have no idea how inspiring it is to me, especially in addition to actually getting a DD.
I never dreamed my page would even get 5k hits let alone 20k.
Im so, so grateful to you all.
Make sure to check out the artists in my faves - they are *incredible* and are responsible for inspiring me greatly since ive come to DA.
Until next time!